Since 2016, Son Ha is proud to become the official distributor of Plexiglas® – the German premium acrylic brand that has been well-known globally.
PLEXIGLAS® is a registered trademark of Evonik Röhm GmbH, Darmstadt, Germany.
PLEXIGLAS® is one of the world’s most famous brands of plastic.
PLEXIGLAS® is well-known for its premium and time-tested properties, including:
- excellent light transmission and brilliance
- very high weather resistance (UV protection, high colorfastness…)
- ease of fabrication
- low weight – about half the weight of glass
- 11 times the impact strength of glass
- 100% recyclability
Being manufactured with many different functional properties and surfaces, PLEXIGLAS® has made a name for itself in items that make life easier and safer, more varied and exciting, and that need to meet very stringent requirements. PLEXIGLAS® offers the tailormade, durably brilliant solution you are looking for.
- Incredible ability to transmit light
- Energy savings capabilities that can reduce costs by up to 55 percent
- Exceptional weatherability
- NO DROP AAA coating prevents algae, mosses and other forms of soiling
- High impact resistance
- Ease of customization and fabrication
- Low structural weight
- Available in 3 types: PLEXIGLAS® Heatstop, PLEXIGLAS® Resist and PLEXIGLAS® Allstop
- Patio roofs
- Extremely UV-resistant, offer excellent protection against harmful UV radiation.
- 30-year guarantee against yellowing (Clear PLEXIGLAS® Resist)
- Significantly reduce heat buildup in rooms and prevent glare due to sunlight (PLEXIGLAS® Heatstop)
- Safe and easy to handle.
- Resistant for 10 years to hail stones with a kinetic energy of 1 joule.
- Available in different colors and with different surface textures.
- Patio roofs
- Sight screens
- Infill panels for balconies, stairs,etc.
- Lampshades, decorative elements, store fixtures, exhibition booths, etc.
- Excellent resistance to weathering and aging
- Resistance to wind pressure
- Low weight
- High transparency
- Reduce the need for steel supporting structures
- Embedded polyamide threads work as bird guard and prevent the sheets to falling in the event of damage (PLEXIGLAS® Soundstop GS CC)
- Ease of forming and machining
- 30-year guarantee (in accordance with guarantee conditions)
- Noise control along roads and railways
- Wind barriers on bridges
- 92 % light transmission
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and chemicals (especially the PLEXIGLAS® Optical hard coated HC)
- Excellent surface appearance
- Good fabrication and machining options
- UV resistance and complete UV absorption
- Aviation (dust covers for windows)
- Conservation glazing and showcases, picture framing
- Electronic displays
- • furniture and shopfitting
- • machine guards
- LED light is emitted across the surface with a high efficiency of 70-97%.
- Impressive pleasant light, no disturbing patterns that generate hot spots
- In its unlit state: crystal-clear
- When illuminated: impressively pleasant light
- Unique patented technology
- High luminous efficiency, and therefore cost savings, through improved diffusion
- Brilliant, extremely weather-stable whiteness in incident light
- For super-slim backlit posters, displays and signs.
- Thin decorative wall panels glow in the color of the LEDs, creating thin area lighting elements.
- The alternation between the play of LED light and the unlit crystal-clear
- Transparency provides new design options.
- Touches of light in architecture, design or in furniture, exhibition booths and store fixtures
- Individual luminaires
- Self-illuminated light guides
- White grades with varying degrees of light diffusion
- Very high light transmission combined with extraordinary light diffusion
- Grade 0D010 DF meets food-contact requirements
- Insensitivity to traces of wear and finger marks
- Texture is retained after thermoforming
- Available with a satin surface on one side (SC) or on both sides (DC)
- Provided as sheets, rods and tubes
- Counters, shelves, tables, chairs, displays in furniture, exhibition booths and store fixtures
- Wall paneling in architectural applications
- White-translucent grades as covers for lamps and skylights (especially 0D010 DF)
- Tubes as luminaires or lighting elements
- High gloss
- Deep-view color effect.
Additional properties of PLEXIGLAS® Hi-Gloss C1:
- Resistance to high and low temperatures
- Resistance to wet/dry cycling
- Resistance to chemicals
- Resistance to alternating wet/dry aircycling
- Good resistance to stress cracking
- Kitchens (alcove paneling)
- Baths and spas (shower partitions)
- Living rooms (wall design)
- Interior design (hotels, restaurants, offices…)
- Exhibition booths, furniture, store fixtures
- Façade construction
- Area lighting or luminous displays (Hi-Gloss C2).
- 2D & 3D thermoforming
- Can be seamlessly bonded
- Non-porous – homogeneous – solid colored
- “Ready to install” surface
- Color customization possible
- Improved chemical resistance
- Very high resistance to weathering and light
- Resistance to water, dirt; easy-to-clean surface
- Facades, wall paneling, wall protection
- Wet rooms: bathrooms and spas
- Shelves, window sills, furniture
- Sanitaryware: bathtubs and shower solutions, washstands…
- Displays, signs
- Decor profiles
- Objects of all kinds
- High gloss
- Unsurpassed colorfastness
- Resistant to aging and weathering
- Absolutely water resistant – no swelling of furniture parts when used with frequent water contact
- Hygienic, very smooth, non-porous surface
- No lacquer, homogeneously colored all the way through
- Smaller damages can be simply repaired by re-polishing
- Easy to saw, drill, mill, polish and thermoform
- Available in 4-mm and 18-mm thicknesses
- Doors, drawers, panels, furniture
- Wet rooms
- Medical sector
- Stylish interior decors in banks, office, high-end flagship stores or private houses
- Download catolog PLEXIGLAS®
- Machining PLEXIGLAS®
- Forming PLEXIGLAS®
- Joining PLEXIGLAS®
- Fabricating Tips for PLEXIGLAS® Solid Sheets
- Instructions for Installing PLEXIGLAS® Multi-Skin, Corrugated and Solid Sheets
- Machining and Installation of PLEXIGLAS® Hi-Gloss
- PLEXIGLAS® for Noise and Wind Barriers
- Guarantee – for 10 years
- Parapan ®